Investing in the professional development of the aging services workforce is one of the signature areas of focus for the LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation. To that end, the Foundation offers educational scholarships to eligible caregivers and other staff across departments of LeadingAge Minnesota member organizations each year.
The scholarships range between $500 and $1500, and are awarded based on the merit of the application. One $2500 scholarship may be awarded for an applicant that demonstrates exceptional commitment to aging services.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be 17 years of age or older;
- Be employed by a provider member of LeadingAge Minnesota (care center, senior housing, assisted living, adult day, etc.);
- Be currently enrolled (or enroll no later than Fall 2019) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education as evidenced by a letter of acceptance;
- Complete the scholarship application; and
- Provide two letters of recommendation including one from their supervisor or the administrator of their organization.
The deadline to apply is 5:00 P.M., Friday, May 31, 2019.