Adult Day: COVID-19 Resources
As Minnesota "turns up the dial" on re-opening the state, Adult Day Services providers will need to get ready to restart services in their centers. Resuming operations will come with expectations - including enhanced infection control - to provide a safe environment that offers all the incredible benefits of connection and support.
This page serves as your COVID-19 Resource Library. We will post tools, guidance and resources to help you be in compliance with the state's expectations on your operations as well as help you make sure you are doing all you can to create a safe environment for your clients and staff.
IMPACT OF MANDATED CLOSURES ON PARTICIPANTS AND FAMILY CAREGIVERS
A recent survey of LeadingAge MN members illustrates the negative impact of the nearly four-month mandated closure of Adult Day Services on participants and family caregivers.Participants required higher levels of care and increased pain medication, as well as sustaining losses in cognition, mobility and strength with increasing feelings of isolation, anxiety and depression. Family caregivers also experienced feelings of stress, depression and anxiety.
INFOGRAPHICS & COMMUNICATIONS TOOLS
- Adult Day Services Week Toolkit (9/3/20)
- Adult Day Trends Infographic (9/3/20)
- COVID-19 Closure: Negative Impact Infographic
REOPENING TOOLS & RESOURCES
- Adult Day Reopening FAQ - Updated (8-12-20)
- Adult Day Reopening Toolkit (07/29/20)
- Adult Day Reopening Checklist (7/17/20)
- Droplet Precaution Policy Template (8/26/20)
SHARING & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- ADS Clinical Coaching Room & Huddle: Thursdays at 3 pmInvite Link
MDH & DHS GUIDANCE
- Adult Day Waiver Modifications (8-12-20)
- Alternative Adult Day Services
- COVID-19 Preparedness Plan - Business Plan Template
- Background Studies
- Non-Emergency Transportation Guidance during COVID-19
- Guidance to Reduce the Risk and Spread of COVID-19
TRAINING & VIDEOS
- Access video public service announcements, print materials, and translated documents to assist with preparing for and responding to COVID-19. Access the Resources
DETECTING AND TRACKING SYMPTOMS
- Symptom Surveillance Log - Participant (updated 06/22/20)
- Symptom Surveillance Log - Employee/Essential Visitor
- Pulse Oximetry (MDH)
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
STAFF TRAINING - LEARN WITH EDUCARE
Educare® is an exclusive LeadingAge MN strategic collaboration providing on-demand online and DVD-based training. EduCare® training is a compliant solution for adult day and can be customized to your center.
All EduCare clients have access to the training videos. DVDs can be sent to non-clients upon request. Contact Jennifer Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.288.3800.