Driving Quality & Innovation from the Front-Line
We’re expanding the highly successful ICan: Driving Quality and Innovation from the Front-Line program to help you engage your staff in identifying and solving daily challenges, engaging in meaningful quality work, and improving health outcomes and resident satisfaction.
ICan engages leaders at all levels of the organization with a special focus on front-line staff to:
- Identify challenges within their scope of practice
- Pull together and lead and interdisciplinary team to solve the challenge
- Identify possible solutions
- Complete the Plan-Do-Study-Act quality improvement cycle
- Track data to demonstrate success of the identified solution
- Speak to others about the successes and challenges of their work
ICan Contest – Cash Prize! Learn More on Feb. 25 Webinar
To kick off this expanded initiative, we are hosting an ICan Contest! Register today for a webinar on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 10 a.m. to learn more about the contest and how you can get started on implementing ICan in your setting.
Wondering What an ICan Project Looks Like?
Dozens of ICan projects have been led by front-line staff around the state over the last three years. Check out our recap of the 2019 project winner, Operation Eagle Eye, that helped Avera Marshall reduce falls by 25%.
Past projects have included:
- Increasing the safety of resident transfers by adjusting the wheels on mechanical lifts, which reduced the risk of falls, eased movement over floor transitions, made residents feel safer and reduced physical stress on caregivers.
- Using an anaromatherapy program to promote patient comfort and reduce the use of opioids for pain management.
- Updating the contents, stocking process and efficiency of first aid kits.
- Initiating the use of Communication Boards.
- Improving resident grooming practices and staff accountability.
- Relaunching onboarding and training practices to impact retention of staff.
- And so many more!