Measuring & Benchmarking Performance
Are you looking for ways to boost your organization’s performance or 5-star rating? Quality APEX is an affordable, secure, web-based analytics tool that translates your most current MDS 3.0 data into actionable information to improve quality and outcomes.
Quality Apex comes to you from the team that developed the 5-Star Analysis Report and Quality Metrics. The knowledge, accuracy and power provided by Quality Apex l will enable your staff to:
- Measure Quality Metrics (QM) rates based on your recent MDS 3.0 data
- Analyze performance against user-defined goals;
- Improve the clinical accuracy of MDS data you submit to CMS via the scrubbing feature
- Identify areas for improvement using dashboards and drill-down capability; and
- Report quality improvement plans and accuracy.
Quality Apex is affordable -- $850 for LeadingAge members and $1250 for non-members.
For more information, contact Julie Apold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members can also use LeadingAge Insights, a collection of tools to help you better understand your performance and market position:
- LeadingAge Quality Metrics—This interactive, easy-to-use data tool will assist nursing homes in analyzing how they measure up to their peers on a variety of key quality measures to demonstrate value and improve performance. Measures include short and long stay quality measures, staffing, deficiencies and more.
- LeadingAge Quality Score Card—A resource to help you differentiate your quality and services to payors, hospitals, and consumers, develop meaningful dashboards for your governance teams, and direct efforts in quality improvement and service expansion that make the most sense for your organization and your market area.
- 5-Star Analysis Report for Nursing Homes—Explains the three components of the 5-Star rating (inspections, staffing hours per resident day and the quality measures) and indicates where to focus improvement efforts to both improve resident care and increase your 5-Star rating. These reports are provided directly to LeadingAge members on a quarterly basis via LeadingAge Minnesota.
- Technology Tools—The Center for Aging Services Technology (CAST) produces and publishes a comprehensive portfolio of hands-on resources to help you understand, plan for, select, implement, and adopt the appropriate technology.
- Emergency Preparedness Regulation Dashboard—Toolkits, templates and other resources to help you comply with CMS’s Emergency Preparedness requirements.
- Home Health Conditions of Participation - A set of Regulatory Checklists that delineate the requirements of the home health Conditions of Participation and the actions needed to be in compliance.
The best part is…these tools are FREE for you to access. If you are a LeadingAge member, simply use your current LeadingAge username and password to access Insights. If you are not currently a LeadingAge member, you will receive information soon on how you can access this suite of quality improvement tools.
Another great benefit is that there is no data entry required. These tools utilize national data that has already been submitted, thereby eliminating the need for time-consuming, duplicative data entry.
DHS Nursing Facility Report Card
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) created the nursing home report card to help consumers compare nursing homes on seven quality measures:
- Resident satisfaction and quality of life
- Quality indicators – clinical quality
- Hours of direct care
- Staff retention
- Use of temporary nursing staff
- Proportion of beds in single bedrooms
- State inspection results
Medicare Nursing Home Compare
This tool has detailed information about every Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. While the information reflects compliance with minimum regulatory requirements, rather than quality outcomes, it is a popular resource for consumers when evaluating potential settings of care.