Safe Care for Seniors Virtual Training
Welcome to the Virtual Training Library.
Safe Care for Seniors Virtual Workshop
We have taken the Safe Care for Seniors Workshop and packaged it into video training segments- 1 for each of the 5 action steps - that you can use with your staff team. Some training videos are accompanied by a practice exercise so you can apply what you learn to examples of what you may experience in your setting.
Plan a full staff retreat or break each action step into its own training program - either way our Safe Care for Seniors Virtual Workshop is a step in the right direction
Questions? Need Support on Getting Started? Contact Julie Apold at email@example.com or 651.659.1407.
- As the entire workshop training is about 6 hours, determine how you want to use it in your setting- an day training session or taking each action step as an individual training.
- Consider revewing the entire training before rolling it out with yoru team, so can lead your team in a facilitated discussion and tailor the practice exercises to your setting.
- When you click on the Watch Video Now button, you will be sent to YouTube to watch the vidro presentation. Once that presentation ends, DO NOT CLOSE YouTube but CLICK ON THE BACK ARROW button at the top left in your browser to return to this page.
INTRODUCTION TO SAFE CARE FOR SENIORS
Length: 23 min
ACTIONS 1, 2 & 3: GETTING STARTED
Leadership Engagement, Safety Champion and Continuous Learning and Collaboration
Length: 25 min
ACTION 4: RESIDENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT
- Part 1: Effective, Ongoing Communication
- Part 2: Resident and Family Engagement
Part 3: Communicating When Something Unexpected Happens
Length: 53 min
STORIES FROM THE FIELD: Daily Safety Huddles, Safety Sweeps and Disclosure After Harm Happens
ACTION 5: CREATE AND STRENGTHEN A SAFETY CULTURE
- Part 1: Introduction to a Culture that is Fair and Just
Length: 50 min
- Part 2: Establish a Reporting and Learning Culture
Length: 32 min
STORIES FROM THE FIELD
- Near Miss Program - Length 6 min, 30 sec
- Rolling Out Safety Program - Length 8 min
- Use CUS Words/Speaking Up - Length 5 min, 15 sec
SUMMARY: NUTS & BOLTS OF SAFE CARE FOR SENIORS
Length: 5 min, 15 sec