Organizations are actively engaging in experiments for new hiring and onboarding approaches. Many are forming committees and asking questions such as:
- What do the first six hours of employment look like in our organization? The first week? 1 Month? 90 days?
- Are team members greeted warmly by their supervisor, a mentor and a peer?
- Who shares with them the history and values of our organization?
- Do we explain to new team members that they are an important part of the organization with access to people to support them and education to help them grow?
- Do they receive a tour, a warm meal and a multiple day orientation period that carefully paces out information in reasonable, digestible bites?
- Are new staff hired in a cohort so they have peers to lean on?
- Are there international check-ins at 1 week, 14 days, 30/60/90 days?
Take time today to review our Onboarding Toolkit to engage your workforce and improve your retention!