LeadingAge MN Foundation
The LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation supports initiatives to transform and enhance the experience of aging including:
- Building our workforce for tomorrow;
- Advancing promising new approaches to service delivery; and
- Developing leadership at all levels.
Current initiatives include:
- Scholarships: To provide access to higher education for employees of LeadingAge MN member sites.
Mental Health Support for Long-Term Care Staff: Through a COVID-related FEMA grant, LeadingAge MN Foundation developed tools to help prevent burnout, build resilience, and training for mental health first aid. Other materials include quick reference guides for peer-to-peer mental health conversations.
Behavioral Health Training Series—Improving Care with Curiosity and Empathy: Targeted at direct care staff, these six 10-minute videos feature Dr. John Brose from Associated Clinic of Psychology. Free for LeadingAge Minnesota members, topics include how to provide excellent customer service for older adults with anxiety, depression, and other concerns.
- OnTrack Nursing Assistant Training Program: A new online, affordable and interactive nursing assistant training program.
- Connected Communities Grant Program: This grant program funds two Connected Communities pilots to design and implement a local coordinated system of care that supports the physical, emotional, and social needs of seniors in the homes of their choice.
- Silos to Circles: Four pilot communities completed grant projects connecting older adults and their families to needed and available services in their community. Watch videos of each pilot and see planning tools.
- Workforce Solutions Grants: Grants were made for 42 projects to increase the quality, quantity and capacity for our caregiving workforce. Lessons learned are available to members.
- Governance Resources: Tools and training for leaders serving on boards of directors of aging services organizations.
- AgingServicesJobs.Org: A robust jobs board that matches candidates with employment opportunities.
- Leadership Academy: Scholarships to provide emerging leaders with access to this acclaimed leadership development program.