It is essential to actively partner with your local education partners. From the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, the University of Minnesota and various private colleges to your local K-12 institutions, we must connect local education leaders to the needs of our local aging services organizations.
Students today are our workforce tomorrow - get them engaged!
- Do all your local education leaders know you, your team and organization?
- Are they aware what positions you’re hiring for?
- Have the healthcare faculty been in to your site for a tour?
- Are you maximizing your site’s use as a clinical site?
- What service learning opportunities could take place in your site?
- Are they aware of scholarship programs you offer students?
- Is there a way to integrate the older adults you serve into education experiences?
- Can any of your staff serve as guest faculty during the year?
- Does your local high school or college have a HOSA chapter?
- Can your site be a field trip location or career exposure opportunity?
- Are you advertising with these partners your participation in the Summer Health Care Internship Program?