Safe Care for Seniors
Safe. Trusted. Supported.
United in our shared mission to keep those we serve safe from harm and to provide care with respect and dignity – always, Safe Care for Seniors creates safe, trusted and inclusive environments that elders are proud to call home and give families confidence and peace of mind in all we do.
Safe Care for Seniors is a comprehensive safety and quality improvement program that will prevent the intentional and unintentional harm that can occur in the course of caregiving.
Through our words and actions – and with the senior at the center of all we do – we renew our commitment to:
- Respect and Dignity – Always... a partnership – with the senior at the center -- between providers, dedicated caregiving teams, seniors and their families.
- Speak Up. Take Action...encouraging and empoweromg staff, residents and families to speak up if they see something unsafe or makes them uncomfortable and ensuring the systems and supports are in place to respond to concerns.
- A New Way of Thinking and Doing Things...uncovering new opportunities for learning and improvement when something unexpected does happen.
- Quality Care and Services...identifying improvement opportunities in are and services and strengthening a culture of safety.
- Improved Communication...creating open, ongoing and effective communication among residents, families, staff and leadership in aging services settings.
- Enhanced Engagement...engaging staff, residents and their families in safety and quality work to enhance the lives of all who live and work in aging services settings.
Safe Care Data Portal
Use our portal to track and monitor your progress in implementing the Safe Care for Seniors 5-Step Action Plan.
Renew your commitment. Commit to the 5-Step Action Plan.
Access resources to help you launch Safe Care for Seniors in your setting.
NEW: Virtual Workshop Training
Register Now: Aug. 5 Workshop
Take the first step in successfully implementing Safe Care for Seniors in your setting with our Self-Assessment Guide and Implementation Toolkit.
Make Zero Harm Possible: LeadingAge MN will recognize staff in our member communities who go above and beyond to show respect, treat residents with dignity and prevent harm.
We recognize and honor those who make the commitment, take action and excel in preventing harm and treating people with respect and dignity - always.