Safe Care for Seniors
United in our shared mission to keep those we serve safe from harm and to provide care with respect and dignity – always, Safe Care for Seniors creates safe, trusted and inclusive environments that elders are proud to call home and give families confidence and peace of mind in all we do.
Safe Care for Seniors is a comprehensive safety and quality improvement program that will prevent the intentional and unintentional harm that can occur in the course of caregiving. Through our words and actions, we are committed to:
- Respect and Dignity – Always... creating partnerships with providers, caregivers, seniors and their families.
- Speak Up. Take Action...empowering staff, residents and families to speak up if they see something unsafe or makes them uncomfortable and ensuring systems and supports are in place to respond to concerns.
- A New Way of Thinking and Doing Things...uncovering new opportunities for learning and improvement when something unexpected does happen.
- Quality Care and Services...identifying improvement opportunities and strengthening a culture of safety.
- Improved Communication...creating open and effective communication among all who live and work in our settings.
- Enhanced Engagement...engaging staff, residents and families in our safety and quality work.
Safe Care Data Portal
Use our portal to track and monitor your progress in implementing the Safe Care for Seniors 5-Step Action Plan.
Designate Your Safe Care Champion!
Safe Care Champions are the engines that drive success in achieving our goal of zero preventable harm in the course of caregiving. Your Champion will have the opportunity to receive specialized training, resources and networking opportunities. Complete the form below to let us know who is the Safe Care Champion in your organization:
Renew your commitment. Commit to the 5-Step Action Plan.
Access resources to help you launch Safe Care for Seniors in your setting.
NEW: Virtual Workshop Training
Take the first step in successfully implementing Safe Care for Seniors in your setting with our Self-Assessment Guide and Implementation Toolkit.
Make Zero Harm Possible: LeadingAge MN will recognize staff in our member communities who go above and beyond to show respect, treat residents with dignity and prevent harm.
We recognize and honor those who make the commitment, take action and excel in preventing harm and treating people with respect and dignity - always.