Safe Care for Seniors
United in our shared mission to keep those we serve safe from harm and to provide care with respect and dignity – always, Safe Care for Seniors helps create safe, trusted and inclusive environments that elders are proud to call home and give families confidence and peace of mind in all we do.
Safe Care for Seniors is a safety and quality improvement program that will prevent the unintentional and intentional harm in the course of caregiving. Through our words and actions, we are committed to:
- Respect and Dignity – Always... creating partnerships with providers, caregivers, seniors and their families.
- Speak Up. Take Action...empowering staff, residents and families to speak up if they see something unsafe or makes them uncomfortable and ensuring systems and supports are in place to respond to concerns.
- A New Way of Thinking and Doing Things...uncovering new opportunities for learning and improvement when something unexpected does happen.
- Quality Care and Services...identifying improvement opportunities and strengthening a culture of safety.
- Improved Communication...creating open and effective communication among all who live and work in our settings.
- Enhanced Engagement...engaging staff, residents and families in our safety and quality work.
Check out the latest tools in Safe Care for Seniors:
- Resident Health & Wellness – Strengthen your approach to improving, or maintaining, the health and well-being of the individuals living in your communities.
- Leadership Rounding - Take proactive steps in building stronger relationships with your staff and create safe environments for them to speak up and know you will act on their concerns.
- Rapid Evaluation Teams - Use our training video and handbook to help your staff know the right thing to do in unexpected or urgent situations.
- Adult Day Services Environmental Safety Roadmap - Create and maintain a safe environment for staff and participants.
Safe Care Data Portal
Use our portal to track and monitor your progress in implementing the Safe Care for Seniors 5-Step Action Plan.
Designate Your Safe Care Champion!
Safe Care Champions will have the opportunity to receive specialized training, resources and networking opportunities. Add your Safe Care Champion to our new peer group:
Renew your commitment to respect, safety and dignity.
Access resources to help you launch Safe Care for Seniors in your setting.
- Leadership Rounding
- Rapid Evaluation Team (RET)
- Adult Day Environmental Safety Roadmap
Take the first step in successfully implementing Safe Care for Seniors in your setting with our Self-Assessment Guide and Implementation Toolkit.
We will recognize staff and teams in our member communities who go above and beyond to show respect, treat residents with dignity and prevent harm.
Be recognized for making the commitment, taking action and excelling in preventing harm and treating people with respect and dignity - always.