Coming in September: Infection Preventionist Certificate Program
Posted on July 30, 2019 by Sue Boyd
Four months remain before the Phase 3 of the Requirements of Participation take effect, and Nov. 28 is approaching faster than some of us would like! If you have not implemented a plan to meet regulatory compliance with F882: Infection Prevention and Control, now is the time to identify or hire someone to assume responsibilities for the vital Infection Preventionist position and get them the specialized training they need. LeadingAge MN is here to help through our new Certificate Program, Effectiveness & Core Components for the Infection Preventionist.
The program consists of two days of in-person sessions, which take place on Sept. 4 and 5 at the North Metro Event Center at the Best Western Shoreview, followed by additional webinars.
F880 Infection Prevention & Control has been in the top 3 (mostly at #1) of the most frequently cited deficiencies for quite some time. You need a knowledgeable and qualified staff member at the helm of this program.
Through our Certificate Program, your Infection Preventionist will walk away with key strategies on building a sustainable and robust infection prevention and control program in your setting. We will be discussing real-life situations while providing creative solutions to some of your challenging situations such as: infection surveillance, outbreak management, antibiotic stewardship, staff education and accountability.
- Candi Shearen, RN, BC, CIC, Infection Prevention Consultant, Legacy Healthcare
- Cody Schardin, Health Program Representative, MDH: Healthcare-Associated Infections & Antimicrobial Resistance Section
- Mary Larweck, RN, MS, CIC, President, Emerald Quality Services & President, CLIPS Consulting LLC
- Janet Lilleberg, MPH, Senior Planner, MDH: Healthcare-Associated Infections & Antimicrobial Resistance Section
- Tammy Hale, MSN, RN, CIC, ICAR Team Lead and Nurse Specialist, MDH: Healthcare-Associated Infections & Antimicrobial Resistance Section
- Paige D’Heilly, Minnesota Department Health, IDEPC Division
- Shelly Bhola, CIC, RN-BC, BSN, PHN, MSN, Regional Nurse Specialist/Infection Prevention Specialist, Benedictine Health System
- Sue Boyd, RNC, DNE-CT, Director of Clinical Care & Nurse Consultant, LeadingAge MN
- Infection Preventionist Peer Panel: To Be Determined
Stay tuned to Advantage and your email for more details and registration information.