Emergency Preparedness in Assisted Living – Webinar Recording Now Available
Posted on July 28, 2021 by Heidi Simpson
Attention all assisted living providers – the new licensure rules include extensive requirements for disaster planning and emergency preparedness, which incorporate federal preparedness standards (Appendix Z) and an "all hazards" approach to ensure adequate planning for both natural and man-made disasters.
Recent mock assisted living surveys identified gaps in providers’ readiness for this new requirement.
A recording of the July 22 webinar, Emergency Preparedness in Assisted Living, is available for purchase to help you prepare. It provides details of the new requirements and practical advice for developing an emergency operations plan that is tailored and scaled to fit your specific organization:
- Know the emergency preparedness requirements for Minnesota assisted living facilities.
- Learn how to conduct a hazard vulnerability analysis and risk assessment for your setting.
- Describe the core elements of an emergency operations plan and the process for developing a plan that is tailored to your setting.
- Recognize the importance of emergency preparedness training, drills, and exercises.
- Identify tools and resources available to support assisted living providers with disaster planning and emergency preparedness.