Free Training for HCBS Providers on Community Inclusion
On March 6, 2018 by Bobbie Guidry
A free webinar on March 14 will help Adult Day Services and Assisted Living providers whose clients receive funding through Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver programs ensure their setting facilitates community inclusion as required by the HCBS Settings Rule.
The HCBS standards require providers to support and facilitate community inclusion by:
- Integrating in and supporting access to the greater community;
- Providing opportunities to seek employment and work in competitive integrated settings, engage in community life, and control personal resources; and
- Ensuring the individual receives services in the community to the same degree of access as individuals not receiving Medicaid home and community-based services.
By participating in the training, members will be able to identify systems/methods to support providers in long-term system transformation; reinforce the person-centered thinking model as a cornerstone for community inclusion; and stimulate discussion on creative approaches to initiate and sustain community inclusion.
The free webinar takes place on March 14 from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. To participate:
- Audio Option #1: 1-844-396-8222 and enter the WebEx Meeting Number: 904 774 495
- Audio Option #2 with webinar link.