HCBS Employee Scholarship & Loan Forgiveness Program – Now Accepting Applications
Posted on December 1, 2022 by Anna Mowry
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) is now accepting applications for the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Employee Scholarship Grant and Loan Forgiveness Program until Jan. 6, 2023.
The Office of Rural Health and Primary Care (ORHPC) within the MDH is soliciting grant proposals from HCBS providers to fund employee scholarships in nursing and other healthcare fields.
New this year, providers can now apply to secure funds to repay qualified educational loans for eligible employees. Grant funds must be used to cover costs related to a course of study that is expected to or has led to career advancement within the provider organization or in the HCBS field.
- Notice of Grant Opportunity & Forms: Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Employee Scholarship Grant and Loan Forgiveness Program
- Available Funding: Approximately $1,450,000 is available for the fiscal year 2023.
- Application Deadline: Jan. 6, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
There will be an informational webinar to inform providers about the application process and offer support about the program on Dec. 6 at 10 a.m. Register and join the webinar.
Eligible training/courses of study
Eligible courses of study for scholarship/loan recipients include in-house training or degree programs related to:
- Licensed Assisted Living Director
- Nursing, including Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or other relevant degrees
- Trained Medication Aide
- Certified Dementia Care
- Dietary Certifications
- Social Work
- Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy
- Wound Care Certification
- Job-related English as a Second Language Education
- And many other industry-recognized training and certification
For more information, contact Robin Bly, Grant Program Administrator, ORHPC, at Health.HCBSgrant@state.mn.us or 651-201-3936.