New Nurse Leadership Certificate Program Announced for 2020-2021
On November 18, 2020 by Heidi Simpson
Dealing with the various aspects of the current crisis brought about by the pandemic, nurse leaders in aging services settings are facing even more challenges and stressors than ever before. It is critical that they find ways to build up their strengths and their reserves so they can be present to support others—their staff, their residents and families—both now and as we look ahead to the future of aging services. LeadingAge Minnesota’s Nurse Leadership Certificate Program is designed to do just that and in a virtual environment. It builds on the solid program content and expert faculty that were formerly a part of the venerable Nursing Leadership Symposium and the Assisted Living Nurse Manager program – updated to address today’s challenges.
The program is geared towards nurses who are new or moving into an executive level position in skilled nursing care centers and assisted living home care to understand the nurse leader’s role and the foundational elements of the position. There will be joint, as well as setting-specific tracks of programs designed for the nurse leader audience. The series will be facilitated by Kari Everson, LeadingAge Minnesota’s Director of Clinical Care and Nurse Consultant.
The program is slated to begin before year’s end and well into 2021 – culminating at the 2021 Institute and Expo in May.
- December 16 & 17 - Professional Role and Standards of the Executive Nurse Leader
- January 13 & 14 - Efficient and Effective Resource Management Strategies
- February 10 &11 - Building Quality Organizations & Financial Management
- March 10 & 11 - Crisis Communication & Medication Management
- April 14 & 15 - Professional Assessment & Documentation
- May 5 & 6 - Regulatory Compliance & Survey Management
- May 18 - Nurse Leader Panel at the 2021 Institute and Expo
LeadingAge Minnesota thanks Guardian Pharmacy, St. Croix Hospice and Thrifty White Pharmacy for their sponsorship of this series. Registration opens next week and can be attended on a daily basis or as an entire series. For further information, contact Heidi Simpson email@example.com.