New Nurse Leadership Certificate Program Now Open for Registration
On November 25, 2020 by Heidi Simpson
Nurse leaders in aging services settings must possess the leadership and operational skills to provide best in class care and effectively support their staff and residents. This year, when the COVID-19 pandemic has staff teams stretched to capacity, the need is even more urgent.
LeadingAge Minnesota’s Nurse Leadership Certificate Program is the premier training for nurses new or moving into an executive level position in skilled nursing care centers and assisted living home care to fully understand the scope and responsibilities of this essential leadership role and build the skills to be successful.
Building upon 30+ years of exceptional nurse leadership training, this program is intentionally designed for leaders in settings across the continuum to learn together and support one another. The virtual program features joint learning sessions for all nurse leaders and separate sessions specific to the service setting. In fact, a key benefit of the program is building a network of trusted, supportive colleagues that help sustain one another throughout the immediate challenges of the pandemic, and throughout their careers.
- December 16-17 – Professional Role and Standards of the Executive Nurse Leader
- January 13-14 – Efficient and Effective Human Resource Management Strategies
- February 10-11 – Building Quality Organizations and Financial Management
- March 10-11 – Crisis Communication and Medication Management
- April 14-15 – Professional Assessment and Documentation
- May 5-6 – Regulatory Compliance and Survey Management
- May 18 – Nurse Leader Panel at the 2021 Institute & Expo
This program is facilitated by Kari Everson, LeadingAge Minnesota Director of Clinical Care and Nurse Consultant and President/Consultant, Euvoia Senior Care Consulting, LLC.
LeadingAge Minnesota thanks Guardian Pharmacy, St. Croix Hospice and Thrifty White Pharmacy for their generous sponsorship of this series.