New On-Demand Online Nursing Home COVID-19 Training from CDC/CMS Now Available
On August 19, 2020 by Terri Foley
One-hour training sessions on COVID-19 critical topics such infection prevention, early detection, and managing staffing challenges are now available through the new
Seven segments are ready now (see below) and more will be added throughout September, for a total of 13.
- Establishing an Infection Prevention Program in a Nursing Home, with an emphasis on COVID-19
- Is your Nursing Home ready to handle the demands of the COVID-19 Pandemic? Assessing Readiness: Advice from the CDC
- COVID-19 surveillance to enable early detection and response to outbreaks.
- Hand Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Strategies for COVID-19 Care: Supply, Use, Re-use, Removal, and Disposal
- Transparency: Resident and Family Notification. Department of Health and other Notifications
- Clinical Care/Managing COVID positive residents in the Nursing Home
- Managing Staffing Challenges, Including Employee Health Considerations
Led by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Program is one of the largest federal programs dedicated to improving health quality at the community level for people with Medicare.