5 Successful Recruitment & Retention Strategies
On September 16, 2019 by Terri Foley
A summary of key strategies from a two-year Workforce Solutions Grant pilot project funded by the LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation can now be found on www.workforcegrants.org.
The site provides project roadmaps and other tools for you to try these proven initiatives in your community. Results from projects highlighted on the website include:
- 108% improvement in Total Hires and a 60% reduction in Open Positions after switching the digital recruiting tools.
- 60% reduction in 90-day turnover using a peer mentor program.
- Double digit hiring of local students by providing a nursing assistant course through the high school.
- 60% reduction in non-illness absences by offering an employee resource connector for staff.
- 40% increase in applications by using a senior care career wheel to discuss the variety of jobs available in a senior living community.
You can download position descriptions, use the step-by-step project plans and read more about how these projects got started on www.workforcegrants.org.