BELTSS Licenses Over 1600 LALDs
On July 28, 2021 by Bobbie Guidry
The Minnesota Board of Executives for Long-term Services and Supports (BELTSS) received over 2,995 applications before June 30 and over 1,600 Licensed Assisted Living Directors (LALDs) were fully licensed as of July 26.
Over 600 criminal background check applicants await approval, the final step before they are licensed. The background check process now takes approximately 45-60 days to complete.
If you applied to be a LALD under the Legacy Pathway and have not yet received your license, you must check your profile to determine which steps are incomplete. If you have any open items remaining, contact the individual BELTSS staff member assigned to you to work directly through the final documents.
For additional instructions on how to check the status of your application, follow the instructions below:
- Use this link for information https://nha.hlb.state.mn.us/#/login
- Go to the Licensee Portal, enter with your username and password
- Review ‘open’ items; submit those items only that are unchecked, typically resume or verification of employment
- Identify six months experience in the continuum of long-term care or three years for high school degree with housing with services experience
- To complete the independent verification of employment, you may use the form online or identify the position and years of service that meet the long-term care continuum requirements have it verified by someone other than you.
- If you don't meet the legacy minimum, BELTSS will contact you to move you to the new Assisted Living Director or Assisted Living Director in Residence application.
Review the resource on the BELTSS website, specifically those found under the yellow “Assisted Living Directors” for multiple forms, FAQs, tutorials, and videos.