Drive Quality from the Front-Line: ICan Webinar on Feb. 25
On January 29, 2020 by Jenna Kellerman
Are your staff ready to drive quality and innovation from the front-line? Participate in our upcoming ICan webinar to learn how you can implement this highly successful program in your setting and have the chance to win $500 in our ICan contest.
Register today for the webinar, which takes place on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 10 a.m.
Want to learn more now? Watch this 20-minute video to see how ICan teaches staff to:
- Identify challenges within their scope of practice
- Pull together and lead an interdisciplinary team to solve the challenge
- Identify possible solutions
- Complete the Plan-Do-Study-Act quality improvement cycle
- Track data to demonstrate success of the identified solution
- Speak to others about the successes and challenges of their work
Dozens of ICan projects have been led by frontline staff around the state over the last three years. Past projects have included:
- Increasing the safety of resident transfers by changing the wheels on lifts from a small size to a large size, which reduced the risk of falls, eased movement over floor transitions, made residents feels safer and reduced physical stress on caregivers.
- Implementing an aromatherapy program to promote patient comfort and reduce the use of opioids for pain management.
- Updating the contents, stocking process and efficiency of first aid kits.
- Initiating the use of Communication Boards.
- Improving resident grooming practices and staff accountability.
- Relaunching onboarding and training practices to impact retention of staff.
- And so many more!
Interested in engaging your team in quality improvement? Contact Jenna Kellerman.