House Task Force Presses for $100 Million in Long Term Care Funding
Posted on April 28, 2020 by Jodi Boyne
A newly-formed Democratic task force in the U.S. House is pushing Congress to immediately distribute $100 million in funding to aid infection control efforts in senior care settings. Among the priorities:
- Sufficient testing kits and PPE
- Adequate access to staff
- Ensure adequate infection control guidelines are in place
- Clarify discharge guidelines for non-COVID019 Meidcare and/or Medicaid patients
- Report all COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and fatalities to state health departments, the CDC and the general public
- Ensure senior care settings are part of the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act.
Read more at in McKnight’s Long-Term Care News.