Living the Pledge Campaign Launches Next Week: Promote Safe Care During COVID
On October 28, 2020 by Julie Apold
November is Mask Month! Join your colleagues in creating safe mask wearing habits across our communities.
The Living the Pledge Campaign is a monthly infection prevention campaign to help keep residents and fellow team members safe from harm. It provides focused resources to empower everyone in your building to honor the Safe Care for Seniors Pledge to keep residents and staff safe from harm.
Actions You Can Take to Support Staff, Residents and Visitors to Live the Pledge in November:
- Share information about Mask Month with staff, residents, families and visitors;
- Share a brief video on safe mask wearing habits and/or safe visits (see article below);
- Display a new mask promotion poster each week (or select 1 or more to use during the month);
- Use Living the Pledge vouchers to “catch” staff practicing safe mask behaviors (you can also include residents and visitors);
- Assess and improve your current mask policies/procedures and implementation practices.
Resources/tools to implement any of these actions can be found at: Safe Care for Seniors - Living the Pledge