Scholarships Available Through LeadingAge MN Foundation: Deadline May 16
On April 21, 2022 by Lori Meyer
Workforce challenges have become even more acute in the wake of COVID-19. One way to retain the caregivers and staff you have is to help them achieve their higher education goals and advance their careers within the aging services field where they are so needed. To that end, the LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation offers educational scholarships to eligible caregivers and other employees of our member organizations for 2022.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be 17 years of age or older;
- Be employed by a provider member of LeadingAge Minnesota (care center, senior housing, assisted living, adult day, etc.);
- Be currently enrolled (or enroll no later than the fall of 2022) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education;
- Complete the online scholarship application; and
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship awards range from $500 to $1,500, and one $2500 scholarship may be awarded to an applicant that demonstrates exceptional commitment to aging services. Use this flyer/poster to promote the scholarship program with your employees.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 16.
These scholarships are made possible thanks to the generosity of the organizations and individuals who support the Foundation's Annual Golf Tournament and Silent Auction. This year's tournament will be held on Aug. 2 at Prestwick Golf Club in Woodbury. Mark your calendar for this fun and popular event, all for a great cause!