Foundation Golf Tournament Raises $55K for Caregiver Scholarships
On August 4, 2021 by Jenny Prosser
With workforce pressures reaching unprecedented levels, the 2021 LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Golf Fundraiser helped raise funds for our next round of caregiver scholarships. The golf event was held on Aug. 3 at Prestwick Golf Club in Woodbury.
“Thank you all for participating in the eighth annual LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Golf Fundraiser,” cheered Tournament Chair Dennis Anderson, Senior Vice President & CFO at Pathway Health, as he welcomed a happy crowd of golfers to celebrate after a day of fun, comradery and powerful fundraising. In total, thanks to golfers, sponsors, volunteers, and ticket sales, the event raised over $55,000 before expenses.
“As many of you know, the Foundation supports initiatives designed to transform how we care for aging Minnesotans – including building the workforce of tomorrow, developing future leaders and furthering collaborations that transform the experience of aging,” said LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Board Chair Bob Dahl. “This annual golf fundraiser specifically raises money to fund a statewide scholarship program available to all members of LeadingAge Minnesota and their staff. The money raised today will help those called to serve older adults advance their skills and find continued growth in their careers as caregivers.”
The tournament was extra exciting this year as the Foundation hosted a hole-in-one contest to win a vehicle sponsored by Vanguard Building Solutions. LeadingAge Minnesota Business Partner, Jim Dyvig with New Horizon Foods got a hole-in-one and won a Mitsubishi vehicle. Congrats and enjoy your new ride, Jim!
- 1st Place Team: Jordan Henkelman, Aaron Olivier, Ram Mehta and Justin Uhrich
- 2nd Place Team: Keanan Franco, Steve Mork, Marvin Plakut and Melissa Schneider
- 14th Place Team: Angela Brown, Matt Crawford, Bob Dahl and Chris Hinnenkamp
- Longest Drive Men: Maurice Wilhelm
- Longest Drive Women: Katie Shelander
- Closest to Pin Men: Nate Niemann
- Longest Putt: Jim Bettendorf
- Closest to the Line: Bob Haynes
- Hole-in-One Winner: Jim Dyvig
- Split the Pot Winner: Angela Brown
- Party Cart Winner: Pat McDonald
- Electronic Leaderboard Sponsor: EduCare (power of OnTrack).
- Foursome Sponsors: Anderson Companies, CBS Construction Services, CFS Interiors & Flooring, Colliers Securities | Colliers Mortgage, Computer Integration Technologies (CIT), Marsh & McLennan Agency, Ryan Companies and St. Croix Hospice.
- Tee Box Sponsors: CBS Construction Services. CFS Interiors & Flooring, Guardian Pharmacy Minnesota, Hoglund Bus Company, ISC Financial Advisors, Kraus-Anderson, Lotus Pharmacy, Lument, Pathway Health, Senior Care Solutions, St. Croix Hospice, Steen Engineering, Sterling LTC Pharmacy, Thrifty White Pharmacy, Vanguard Building Solutions and Voigt, Rodè, Boxeth & Coffin, LLC.
- Beverage Cart Sponsor: Ryan Companies.
- Putting Green/Putting Challenge Sponsor: Sonus Interiors.
- Driving Range Sponsor: Health Dimensions Group.
- Giveaway Sponsor: Healthcare Purchasing Connection.
- Flag Sponsors: Community Living Solutions and Euvoia Senior Care Consulting.
We offer special thanks to our Foundation Golf Fundraiser Committee: Dennis Anderson, Jennifer Anderson, Jeff Anneke, Pete Greene, Cheryl Gustason, Brian Holbrook, Luke Jenkins, Laura Johnson, Andy Marden, Brian Olson, Emily Quicksell and Katie Shelander. Events like this wouldn’t be possible without the amazing volunteer efforts of our members pulling together to make a difference.