Foundation Golf Tournament Raises More Than $60,000
On August 6, 2019 by Jenny Prosser
With workforce pressures reaching unprecedented levels, the 2019 LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Golf Fundraiser helped raise funds for our next round of caregiver scholarships. The golf event was held on July 30 at Prestwick Golf Club in Woodbury. View foursome photos sponsored by CBS Construction Services.
“Thank you all for participating in the seventh annual LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Golf Fundraiser,” cheered Tournament Chair Dennis Anderson, Senior Vice President & CFO at Pathway Health, as he welcomed a happy crowd of golfers to celebrate after a day of fun, comradery and powerful fundraising. In total, thanks to golfers, sponsors, volunteers and ticket sales, the event raised over $60,500 before expenses.
“As many of you know, the Foundation supports initiatives designed to transform how we care for aging Minnesotans – including building the workforce of tomorrow, developing future leaders and furthering collaborations that transform the experience of aging,” said LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Board Chair Bob Dahl. “This annual golf fundraiser specifically raises money to fund a statewide scholarship program available to all members of LeadingAge Minnesota and their staff. The money raised today will help those called to serve older adults advance their skills and find continued growth in their careers as caregivers.”
- 1st Place Team: Ryan Beduhn, Chris Knoll Justin Uhrich and Ryan Young
- 2nd Place Team: Matt Kinne, Jason Wenell, Eric Worke and Jason Worke
- 17th Place Team: Eric Hinz, Jon Kenner, Jennifer Pfeffer and Candas Schouvieller
- Longest Drive Men: Grange Farr
- Longest Drive Women: Kali Wachter
- Closest to Pin Men: Steve Mork
- Closest to Pin Women: Carol Raw
- Longest Putt: Joe Hysell
- Closest to the Line: Grange Farr
- Putting Challenge: Kathy Hedlund
- Most Fun Tee Box Sponsor: CFS Interiors & Flooring
- Top Dog Sponsor: CBS Construction Services.
- Foursome Sponsors: Anderson Companies, Bluespire, CFS Interiors & Flooring, Dougherty & Company LLC, EduCare by Mirabelle Management, In-House Senior Services, Kraus-Anderson, Sonus Interiors, St. Croix Hospice and Ziegler.
- Tee Box Sponsors: annLeo LLC, Aruba Networks, bdh+young interiors | architecture, CFS Interiors & Flooring, Computer Integration Technologies (CIT), Eldre Solutions Group, Hoglund Bus Company, In-House Senior Services, Pathway Health, PointClickCare, Senior Care Solutions, Sterling LTC Pharmacy, Thrifty White Pharmacy and Voigt, Rodè, Boxeth & Coffin, LLC.
- Electronic Leaderboard Sponsor: OnTrack (powered by EduCare).
- Putting Green/Putting Challenge Sponsor: Sonus Interiors.
- Driving Range Sponsor: Bluespire.
- Giveaway Sponsor: Healthcare Purchasing Connection.
- Flag Sponsors: Bluespire, Bluestone Physician Services, Essential Decisions Inc. (EDI) and Ziegler.
I want to offer special thanks to our Foundation Golf Fundraiser Committee: Dennis Anderson, Gigi DesLauriers-Knop, Cheryl Gustason, Brian Holbrook, Laura Johnson, Kevin Kiemen, Andy Marden and Katie Shelander. Events like this wouldn’t be possible without the amazing volunteer efforts of our members pulling together to make a difference. Thank you all.