Get Vaccinated - Be a Safe Care Hero
On December 23, 2020 by Julie Apold
Strategies to Boost Vaccination Rates
As the COVID-19 vaccine is becoming a reality, it is important to continue to address barriers that may cause staff or residents to be hesitant about getting the vaccine. The CDC outlines steps that may increase confidence in the vaccine and boost vaccination rates in your organization.
- Senior Leaders as Vaccine Champions: share personal reasons for getting vaccinated (“I am Getting the Vaccine Because” Template) and the importance of vaccination, such as:
- Testimonials at meetings
- Short videos
- Email blasts
- Social media
- Host discussions where personnel at different levels and departments can provide input and ask questions.
- Share key messages with staff through emails, breakroom posters, and other channels
- Be a Safe Care Hero: Get Vaccinated Mosaic Picture
- CDC: 3 Reasons You Were Given Top Priority to Be Vaccinated Poster
- CDC: Stopping the COVID-19 Pandemic Is Going to Take All of Our Tools
- Provide education about the vaccines, how they are developed and monitored for safety, and how to talk to others about the vaccines.
- Make the decision to get vaccinated visible and celebrate it!
- Provide stickers or other visual ways for staff to celebrate receiving the vaccine-CDC Printable Stickers (1-2/3 inch stickers, 24 per page) https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/downloads/sticker-covid-19-vaccinate-white.pdf
- Record and share testimonials on why people decided to get vaccinated
I Got the Vaccine Because Template
- With permission, post a photo gallery showing staff who were just vaccinated
I Got Vaccinated Poster Template
- Offer a small, sincere token of gratitude for early adopters (such as a personalized thank you note from leaders, an ice cream treat, or a profile in the newsletter)
Living the Pledge Campaign: Safe Care for Seniors - Living the Pledge
Looking for Additional Vaccination Information and Resources? COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Questions? Contact Julie Apold, email@example.com