HCBS Grant Applications Open Now
On January 13, 2022 by Jenna Kellerman
A request for proposals for the Home and Community Based (HCBS) Scholarship Grant is currently open, with applications due on Jan. 31. This grant is offered through the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Office of Rural Health and Primary Care. You can find the HCBS Scholarship Grant details, including the RFP, on the MDH website.
MDH recorded a webinar to inform providers about the application process and offer support. Click here to view the webinar.
Due in part to our advocacy during the 2017 legislative session for additional funding for this program, there is approximately $1,450,000 available to distribute. The estimated award range is $15,000 - $100,000.
Education that this grant has covered in the past includes:
- Licensed Assisted Living Director (NEW!)
- Nursing school
- Nursing assistant training
- Trained medication aide training
- Dementia care training (beyond requirements)
- Dietary management
- Activity professional certification
- Social work degree
- Conference and professional development opportunities
- Therapy staff specialty certifications
- ServSafe training (to advance a person’s career, not as a requirement)
- Antibiotic stewardship training
- Wound care certification
Direct your questions to the HCBS grant team at MDH at firstname.lastname@example.org