Scholarships Available Through LeadingAge MN Foundation: Deadline June 7
On May 12, 2021 by Lori Meyer
Workforce challenges have become even more acute in the wake of COVID-19. One way to retain the caregivers and staff you have is to help them achieve their higher education goals and advance their careers within the aging services field where they are so needed. To that end, the LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation is offering educational scholarships to eligible caregivers and other employees of our member organizations for 2021.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be 17 years of age or older;
- Be employed by a provider member of LeadingAge MN (care center, senior housing, assisted living, adult day, etc.);
- Be currently enrolled (or enroll no later than Fall of 2021) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education;
- Complete the online scholarship application; and
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
Scholarship awards range from $500 to $1,500, and one $2500 scholarship may be awarded for an applicant that demonstrates exceptional commitment to aging services. Use this flyer/poster to promote the scholarship program with your employees.
Applicants can apply here. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, June 7.
These scholarships are made possible thanks to the generosity of the organizations and individuals who support the Foundation’s Annual Golf Tournament and Silent Auction. As a reminder, this year's event will be held on Aug. 3 at Prestwick Golf Club in Woodbury.