2 Holes-in-One Highlight Foundation Golf Fundraiser
On August 30, 2017 by Jenny Prosser
With workforce pressures reaching unprecedented levels, the 2017 LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Golf Fundraiser helped raise funds for our next round of caregiver scholarships. This sold-out golf event was held Aug. 23 at Keller Golf Course in Maplewood.
“Thank you all for participating in the fifth annual LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Golf Fundraiser,” cheered Tournament Chair Stacy Carlsrud, Campus Administrator for Timber Hills, as she welcomed a happy crowd of golfers to celebrate after a day of fun, comradery and powerful fundraising. In total, thanks to golfers, sponsors, volunteers and ticket sales, the event raised more than $60,000 before expenses.
“As many of you know, the Foundation supports initiatives designed to transform how we care for aging Minnesotans – including building the workforce of tomorrow, developing future leaders and furthering collaborations that transform the experience of aging,” said LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Board Chair, Barb Blumer. “This annual golf fundraiser specifically raises money to fund a statewide scholarship program available to all members of LeadingAge Minnesota and their staff. The money raised today will help those called to serve older adults advance their skills and find continued growth in their careers as caregivers.”
- 1st Place Team: Jeremy Bruner, Pat McDonald and Michael Syltie
- 2nd Place Team: George Mburu, Matt Palmer, Roy Smith and Keith Snelson
- 20th Place Team: Dennis Anderson, Mathew Fischer, Kyle Hedlund and Nathan Johnson (Eventide)
- Longest Drive Men: Brad DeJong
- Longest Drive Women: Jennifer Anderson
- Closest to Pin Women: Jen Mitchell
- Closest to Pin Men: Pat McDonald
- Longest Putt: Kyle Hedlund
- Closest to the Line: Dave Koller
- Putting Challenge: Matt Palmer
- Hole-in-One: Laura Johnson with a 5 iron and Pat McDonald with a rescue club (both on hole #15)
- Foursome Sponsors: Anderson Companies, CFS Interiors & Flooring, Dougherty & Company LLC, EduCare/Mirabelle Management, Kraus-Anderson and St. Croix Hospice.
- Tee Box Sponsors: Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., bdh+young interiors | architecture, CFS Interiors & Flooring, Computer Integration Technologies (CIT), Eldermark Software, Essity, Hoglund Bus and Truck, Imagewërks Marketing, LeadingAge MN Savings & Solutions Center, On Time Talent Solutions, Pathway Health, Select Rehabilitation, Senior Care Solutions, Sterling LTC Pharmacy, Thrifty White Pharmacy, Transforming Age and Voigt, Rodè & Boxeth, LLC.
- Cart Signs Sponsor: Neuger Communications Group.
- Lunch Sponsor: Guardian Pharmacy.
- Driving Range Sponsor: EduCare/Mirabelle Management, LLC.
- Putting Green Sponsor: Aufderworld Corporation.
- Giveaway Sponsors: Bluestone Physician Services and Healthcare Purchasing Connection.
- Flag Sponsors: AlixaRx, Cuningham Group Architecture, Dougherty & Company LLC, Kraus-Anderson and Neuger Communications Group.
Members can view team pictures from the event at https://www.kendralauckphotography.com/leadingagemnkellergolf (use 08232017 as password).
I want to offer special thanks to our Foundation Golf Fundraiser Committee: Stacy Carlsrud (Chair), Susan Farr, Cheryl Gustason, Brian Holbrook, Liz Jefferson and Renae Witschen. Events like this wouldn’t be possible without the amazing volunteer efforts of our members pulling together to make a difference. Thank you all.