Foundation Golf Tournament Raises More Than $59,000
On August 4, 2022 by Jenny Prosser
With workforce pressures reaching unprecedented levels, the 2022 LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Golf Fundraiser helped raise nearly $60,000 to benefit the LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation. The golf event was held on Aug. 2 at Prestwick Golf Club in Woodbury.
Thanks to golfers, sponsors, volunteers, and ticket sales, the event raised over $59,000 before expenses. The money raised will help those called to serve older adults advance their skills and find continued growth in their careers as caregivers.
“Thank you all for participating in the ninth annual LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Golf Tournament,” said Tournament Chair Laura Johnson, Account Executive at PROCare HR.
Bob Dahl, the LeadingAge Minnesota Foundation Board Chair, added, “As many of you know, the Foundation supports initiatives designed to transform how we care for aging Minnesotans – including building the workforce of tomorrow, developing future leaders and furthering collaborations that transform the experience of aging. This annual golf fundraiser specifically raises money to fund a statewide scholarship program available to all members of LeadingAge Minnesota and their staff.”
Prize winners from the scramble include:
- 1st Place Team: Jake Byrnes, Andy Hemenway, Chris Hood, and Denny McCarthy
- 2nd Place Team: Keanan Franco, Tom Nielsen, Kyle Nordine, and Jennifer Warnke
- 13th Place Team: Mark Anderson, Sally Anderson, Katie Perry, and Brittney Thoreson
- Longest Drive Men: Ryan Norman
- Longest Drive Women: Kelli Hallstrom
- Closest to Pin Men: Dan Nelson
- Closest to Pin Women: Judy Bowman
- Longest Putt: Jake Hameed
- Closest to the Line: Andy Hemenway
- Split the Pot Winners: Paige Bauernfeind, Jim Bettendorf, and Duane Helwig.
We would like to thank the event sponsors who helped make the day a success, including:
- Top Dog Sponsor: Align Senior Care Consulting
- Electronic Leaderboard Sponsor: OnTrack (powered by EduCare).
- Foursome Sponsors: CBS Construction Services, CFS Interiors & Flooring, Colliers Securities | Colliers Mortgage, Computer Integration Technologies (CIT), Mutual of America, Piper Sandler & Co., St. Croix Hospice, and Ziegler.
- Tee Box Sponsors: CFS Interiors & Flooring, DBS Group, Guardian Pharmacy Minnesota, Health Dimensions Group, Hoglund Bus Company, Kraus-Anderson, Lument, Midwest Interiors LLC, Pathway Health, Peerlytics, Radius Living Rx, Senior Care Solutions, St. Croix Hospice, Steen Engineering, Thrifty White Pharmacy, and Voigt, Rodè, Boxeth & Coffin, LLC.
- Beverage Cart Sponsor: Sterling Long Term Care Pharmacy.
- Putting Green/Putting Challenge Sponsor: Sonus Interiors.
- Driving Range Sponsor: Care Providers Workers' Compensation Fund.
- Giveaway Sponsors: Healthcare Purchasing Connection and ShiftMed.
- Flag Sponsors: Community Living Solution, Compass Community Living, Midwest Interiors LLC, and Ziegler.
We also offer special thanks to our Foundation Golf Tournament Committee: Dennis Anderson, Jeff Anneke, Julianne Fries, Annette Greely, Cheryl Gustason, Brian Holbrook, Luke Jenkins, Laura Johnson, Andy Marden, Emily Quicksell, Katie Shelander, Penny Solberg, and Doug Stearns. Events like this wouldn't be possible without the outstanding volunteer efforts of our members pulling together to make a difference.