National Nurses Month Week 3: Professional Development
On May 19, 2022 by Anna Mowry
May is National Nurses Month! Every year, the American Nurses Association (ANA) celebrates National Nurses Month to promote, support, and honor the varying roles of nurses and the positive impacts they make in our communities every day.
This year, the 2022 National Nurses Month theme is "Nurses Make a Difference.” Each week there is a new focus area, and this week's focus is on "Professional Development ."For more resources and to learn more about how you can participate in National Nurses Month, visit the 2022 Nurses Month Toolkit.
Week 3: Professional Development (May 15–21)
The focus of this week is on promoting the professional development of nurses and the many educational and career opportunities within the field. Professional development is essential to ensuring a resilient, highly qualified workforce for years to come.
Learn how to excel in your nursing career and how to help inspire and lead others in their nursing career journey. See below for ideas and resources on how to get involved this week.
- LeadingAge has options to provide staff training without having to leave your setting. Take advantage of remote learning with on-demand webinars for you and your staff!
- LeadingAge’s Leadership Academy has developed hundreds of aging services professionals by tapping into their natural talents and authentic leadership style by providing personalized coaching for leaders in our field. Learn more about how we are developing leaders for the future.
- LeadingAge’s Nurse Leadership Certificate Program is the premier training for nurses to learn together and support one another. Learn more about the responsibilities of these essential roles and how to build the skills to be successful.
- Participate in educational events all year long! Upcoming Events: Assisted Living Conference (Aug. 17 & 18), Annual Meeting & Leadership Forum (Sept. 20-23), and LeadingAge’s 2023 Institute & Expo (Feb. 8-10)
- Check out LeadingAge’s Education & Events for more educational resources, training, and upcoming events!
Next week, the fourth and final week will focus on community engagement. Educate your communities on the vital role nurses play and how they can get involved to support our current and future nurses.